Mission Statement, Role and Values
The Jasper County Public Library’s mission is to inform, enrich and empower our diverse community.
The Library provides easy access to:
- The Library offers easy access to our facilities, providing convenient hours and adequate space for materials, programming and quiet study.
The Library serves as a cultural and community center, providing classes, programs and a place for the community to gather.
- The Library is a center for access to local history and genealogical resources relevant to Jasper County
The Library is on the forefront of the information age. We make it a priority to continually evaluate rapidly changing technology, selecting those technologies which improve or enhance our service.
- The Library cooperates with other libraries to provide better service to its users and make the most effective and efficient use of its tax dollars.
- Trained staff assists users in making full use of libraryresources, programs, and facilities.
- We provide prompt, accurate and friendly service.
- We treat all library users with equal respect and consideration.
- We consider every question valid.
- We provide information expressing various viewpoints.
- We respect and protect the privacy of our patrons to the fullest extent permissible by law.
We are committed to Intellectual Freedom. We encourage the exchange of ideas and information. We resist all efforts to censor Library resources. We encourage and support the highest level of personal initiative and professional development. We provide creative challenges, financial remuneration and continuing education for all staff. We foster and support teamwork, cooperation and involvement at all levels of the organization. We treat each other with respect and integrity and work as a team with the board.
Adopted 1/17/95; reviewed 9/13