Main Content

IRS: Online is the best place to go for Tax products in 2015

Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information

Patrons are looking for federal tax forms, and your local library can help, but you will probably have to get what you need this year from the world wide web.

The IRS Tax Forms Outlet Program has informed us many of the forms and booklets we have received in the past for patrons will not be shipped this year.

According to a letter the IRS sent to libraries across the nation:

"As you may be aware, IRS appropriations were significantly cut in the 2015 Omnibus Appropriations bill recently passed by Congress. Unfortunately this puts us in a position where we have very few options. We want to honor our commitment to you by providing some key products, but we cannot deliver nearly what we have in the past."

Patrons can pick up copies of Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ at your local library. There is also a copy of Publication 17, the Tax Guide for Individuals. that can be read inside the library. The IRS has informed us these are the only items libraries will receive this year.

Where to get federal forms

The instruction booklets, as well as all federal tax forms, can be found online for view and download at The booklets can be read online, or printed. Standard library printing charges of 10 cents per page apply for forms and booklets printed.

Library staff are ready to assist with downloading and printing forms and booklets, but cannot tell patrons which forms and booklets they need.

Patrons can also request tax products to be delivered to their homes by mail by going online to or calling 1-800-829-3676 for the Tax Forms and Publications Department. 1-800-829-4059 is the number for Hearing Impaired TTY/TDD.

For information about eFile options, or submitting your taxes entirely online, visit

Indiana Taxes

Several state forms and booklets are available, but those forms can also be ordered online at or by calling (317) 615-2581. Questions about Indiana Individual Income Tax should be directed to: (317) 232-2240.