The Library is grateful for gifts or bequests made to the Library in the form of money, securities, property or materials.
Gifts are accepted subject to the following limitations:
- The Library retains the right to accept or reject any gift.
- The Library retains the unconditional ownership of the gift.
- The Library makes all decisions on the use or other disposition of gifts it has accepted.
- Donations of software will not be accepted.
- Any gifts which have a maintenance impact or have a significant visual impact on the library —e.g. landscaping or equipment, must be approved by the Library Board.
- Works of art must be approved by the Director. The Library Board of Trustees is the sole arbiter of any questions relating to approval of artwork.
- The Library reserves the right to decide, and to change, the conditions of display, housing and access to the materials.
- The Library will not place a monetary value on any donated item, but will sign a donation acknowledgment on which the donor has placed his/her own value on the item.
3/03; revised 5/12; reviewed 2/13