2013 Teen Book Trailer Contest
The Jasper County Public Library invites teens in grades 6-12 to create a book trailer during the month of March, and enter the finished project in our “Teen Book Trailer Contest.”
Teens, think about your favorite book. Now, picture a glimpse of that book on a short video; one that will capture the attention of your audience and make them want to read the story!
The Jasper County Public Library invites teens in grades 6-12 to create a book trailer during the month of March, and enter the finished project in our “Teen Book Trailer Contest.” To create a book trailer, you’ll need
- a digital camera
- a PC with Windows Movie Maker (most PC’s have this program) or any computer with movie editing software, such as iMovie
- a microphone (for audio) or free use (public domain) audio
- a video camera (optional).
Once you have your supplies, choose a book that you love and want to promote with your book trailer. Rules and guidelines of the book trailer contest include:
- Trailers must not be any longer than three minutes in length; story must be PG-13 or under
- All audio/pictures or video must be your own work (no googling images, video or audio; this may infringe on copyright laws)
- Copy your trailer to a CD or DVD and turn into the library. CD/DVD will not be returned, so make a copy of your work for yourself
- Submissions will be posted on JCPL’s YouTube account
- Submissions will become property of JCPL. Entrants will be required to sign a waiver stating this, and entries will be displayed to the public
- All entries must be submitted by March 23, 2013 at 5 pm. A panel of judges (staff @ JCPL) will review all entries and select a winner, to be announced on Friday, April 12, 2013
For more information, visit or call the Rensselaer Library, 866-5881, the DeMotte Library, 987-2221 or the Wheatfield Library, 956-3774.